Magento 2 Store Credit extension is a useful tool that can help fasten the refund process and increase customer loyalty. Accordingly, you can refund by store credit right into Customer Account. Customers can spend the credit on later purchase.
Besides refund, you can adjust the store credit wallet as wished – It is all based on your marketing purposes.
2. How Does It Work?
2.1 General configs
Please go to Store ⇒ Configuration ⇒ BSSCommerce ⇒ Store Credit.
In Enabled: choose Yes to enable the extension.
In Use Store Credit in Checkout Page: choose Yes to allow customers to apply store credit to pay for the order in the checkout page, or No to not allow.
In Use Store Credit in Shopping Cart: choose Yes to allow customers to apply store credit to pay for order in the shopping cart page, or No to not allow.
In Allow Applying Store Credit to Shipping:
- Choose Yes to allow applying store credit to pay for shipping fee, if the customer applies a store credit value in the shopping cart or checkout page more than the order total.
- Choose No to not allow using store credit to pay for fee even if the customer applies a store credit value more than the order total.
In Allow Applying Store Credit to Tax: choose Yes to allow applying store credit to pay for tax, or No to not allow. This function operates the same as the “Allow Applying Store Credit to Shipping” function.
+ If you disable both “Use Store Credit in Checkout Page” and “Use Store Credit in Shopping Cart”, there aren’t fields to enter store credit value, shipping fee can’t be paid by store credit even if you enable or disable this config.
+ If the value entered in Apply Store Credit box is bigger than the order total in the shopping cart or checkout page, the payment method options will be hidden.
2.2 Email configs
In Store Credit Update Email Template: select an email template to send customers information about store credit update.
You can go to Marketing ⇒ Email Templates to edit or add a new email template as you want.
In Store Credit Update Email Sender: select an available email sender of your website.
Remember to Save config.
2.3 Refund by Store Credit
When creating credit memos, you can choose Refund to Store Credit option to transfer the refund to customer store credit.
2.4 Apply Store Credit for backend orders
When creating orders from the backend, you can also apply the Store Credit.
2.5 Manage Store Credit balances
Choose a specific account under Customers and open Store Credit under that account.
In Statistic, you can update track and update the value of store credit and notify customers to come back soon to spend the credit.
- In Balance section, you can update the store credit balance of the customer.
- Website: select a website to update store credit on this website. Please make sure that you Shared Customer Accounts globally to associate the account to all websites. (go to Store ⇒ Configuration ⇒ Customers ⇒ Customer Configuration ⇒ Account Sharing Options, in Share Customer Accounts, select Global option)
- Update Value: enter a number to update store credit amount, add – in the number prefix to subtract the store credit balance.
- Comment: add a comment about store credit update
- Notify Customer: choose Yes to send customer notification email about store credit update, or No to not send.
In History, you can view store credit transaction history of the customer in a grid. This grid includes:
*Notes: The Statistic and History section are also displayed in the customer information page in the frontend for the customer.
2.6 Track Store Credit transactions
2.6.1 Store Credit Transaction
Please go to Admin Panel ⇒ BSS STORE CREDIT ⇒ Transactions to view information of all store credit transactions in your site.
- Transaction ID column: number of transaction.
- Customer column: customer name linked to customer information page in the backend.
- Email column: email of the omer.
- Balance Change column: the amount of store credit was added or subtracted.
- Balance column: store credit balance after the transaction took place
- In Action column: the action makes store credit balance change
- Date column: the specific time and date that the transaction happened.
- Additional Info column: more information about the transaction, you can click on links to view orders or credit memos.
2.6.2 Summary Store Credit Transaction Chart Report
Open Report under BSS STORE CREDIT.
The chart displays the summary store credit increment and decrements in your site, you can set the duration time and select to view the report of store credit by day, month or year.
Press the Refresh button to view the chart exported from your settings.
3. How to Add Store Credit Data to Order Detail API?
Store credit data included in Order detail API:
with key name is “bss_store_credit” on “extension_attributes” node