Minimum Quantity of Configurable Product for Magento 2 allows admin to set the minimum quantity of configurable product as the compulsory condition when customers go to the checkout. Admin can totally configure minimum quantity value for a configurable product, several particular configurable products or even a large number of configurable products.
Note: The module only counts the parent products. For example, if you set the minimum quantity to 30, your customers can add as much child products as they wish to the cart. As long as the total of parent products equal and bigger than 30, customers can checkout.
2. How Does It Work?
2.1 Set minimum quantity for all configurable products
Go to Stores ⇒ Configuration ⇒ BSSCOMMERCE ⇒ Minimum Qty of Configurable Product.
- Module Enable: choose Yes to enable or No to disable the extension.
- Minimum Qty of Configurable Product: enter number to set minimum quantity for all configurable products in store.
2.2 Set minimum quantity for specific configurable product
Navigate to Products ⇒ Catalog ⇒ Find the configurable product Advanced Quantity.
- In Minimum Qty of CP Allowed in Shopping Cart: use config settings or remove tick to input new number for minimum quantity of chosen configurable product.
NOTE 1: In the edit product page:
- Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart: this is default configuration.
- Minimum Qty of CP Allowed in Shopping Cart: this is configuration of the extension.
- Minimum Qty of CP Allowed in Shopping Cart only works on product detail page of parent configurable product. This config does not work on the product page of child product.
- The product configuration has higher priority than General configuration. For instance: If you set 3 for Minimum Qty of CP Allowed in Shopping Cart configuration in a configurable product edit page, then regardless of setting 10 in General Configuration, the final minimum value will be 3.
- If you disable the module but still set minimum quantity for particular configurable products, they will not work.