Magento 2 Custom Option Template extension helps you save time significantly by allowing you to create custom options templates then add to any product as you want.
2. How Does It Work?
Please go to Admin Panel ⇒ Custom Options Template ⇒ Custom Options Template.
2.1 Custom Options Template Grid
- In ID column: choose the ID of the template
- In Title column: choose the title of the custom option template
- In Is Active column: the status of the template. “Yes” means that the custom option is enabled in the frontend and “No” means that it is disabled.
- In Description column: description of the template
- In Create At column: specific date and time that the custom options template was created.
- In Update At column: specific date and time of the last edition.
- In Action column: choose Edit to go to the custom options template edit page, or choose Delete to delete the template.
Note: the above information isn’t displayed in the frontend.
2.2 Create Custom Option Template
Please click on Add New Template button to create new custom options template.
2.2.1 Custom Option Template Information
In Template Information tab, you can edit the general information for the template.
- In Title, edit a title for the template.
- In Is Active, choose Yes to enable the template in the frontend, or No to disable it.
- In Description, edit the description for the template that is being created.
In Assign Template for Products by:
- Products Grid: assign the custom option template to products by grid. There will be an additional tab named “Select Products” displaying a product grid for you to set up.
- Products: assign the custom option template to products by IDs. There will be an input field for you to enter multiple product IDs, separated by commas (,).
- Skus: assign the custom option template to products by SKUs. There will be an input field for you to enter product SKUs, separated by commas
After assigning custom option template, the custom options are immediately inserted to the Customizable Options tab in each product edit page in the backend and they will be displayed in the frontend.
2.2.2 Create Custom Options
To edit custom options of a template, please open Custom Option tab in Custom Option Template Edit page.
In this tab, you can create unlimited custom options by all input types. This section is the same as the Customizable Options tab in product edit page.
After setting, you need to save to complete. There are 5 buttons for you to press:
- Save: save all settings and then you will be redirected to the custom option template grid
- Duplicate: duplicate the custom option template. The duplicate template is removed the selected products of the original one.
- Save and Continue: save the template and continue staying in the edit page.
- Delete: delete the template
- Back: back to the template grid.
When the custom option template is deleted or set from Yes to No in Is Active field, the custom options assigned to the product using that template is removed.
After the custom option template is assigned to the product,
- If there are new options added to the template, then those new options are also added to the product.
- If the admin edits any option of the template, the relevant option of the product is also updated.
- If the admin deletes any option of the template, the relevant option of the product is also removed.
Custom Options assigned to the product using the template will be associated to that template. In other words, whenever the template is updated, the options of the assigned products will change accordingly.
Magento 2 Custom Option Template extension allows that one product can be assigned to multiple templates.
As above, for the time being, the module supports assigning the template to products by Product IDs, Product SKUs, and selecting products in grid of the Template Edit Page. It means the template can not be assigned to product on Product Edit Page.
When the custom option template is duplicated, assigned products will not be duplicated in the new template.
3. Manage Admin User Roles
Please go to System ⇒ Permissions ⇒ User Roles to restrict other admin accounts accessing the custom options template management.