STEP 1: Create your first Google Cloud Console
- Log in to the Google Maps Platform Console.
- Select Get Started.
- Select Maps.
- Enter a New Project Name.
STEP 2: Create a BILLING Account
Billing Account is a must-have If you want to use Google Maps Platform. But don't worry, Google provides $300 to spend on Google Cloud Platform over the next 12 months. A customer will not be auto charged after the trial ends.
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the menu button and select Billing.
- Set up your billing account.
- If this is your first billing account, select Add billing account.
- If you already have a billing account, select Manage billing accounts.
- Select Create account, then follow the instructions to set up your next billing account.
STEP 3: Search and Enable these API
- Distance Matrix API
- Geocoding API
- Geolocation API
- Places API
STEP 4: Get API Access and enter it to the App
- Select the menu button, then navigate to APIs and services.
- Select Credentials.
- Select Create Credentials, then select API Key.
- Add this API Key to the app, under Your Google API Key
- Select Save.
*Important Note to Secure Your API Key: API keys are unique identifiers that allow you to connect to a specific service that an application program provides. Because these keys are unique to a specific user, it's important to always keep your API key safe and secure.