There are cases that you want to allow different passwords on a page, for example, customers can use their ID to access the page. Then, you can use the Plus plan ($10/mon) or Platinum plan ($25/mon) to do so.
1. Enable the app
In Enable App, select Yes to enable “Plus Login to Access Pages” functionality or No to disable it. Remember to save your configuration.
2. Create a new passcode rule
Let’s start creating your own rule.
Under Rule Management, select “Create Rule.”
2.1 Rule Information
Under Rule Management:
- In Rule Name, enter a name to help manage the rule more easily.
- In Status, select Yes to activate the rule. Otherwise, select No.
- In Date, pick a time period in the calendar to apply the rule in the storefront.
- In Rule Type, select Passcode
- In Priority, enter a number to classify the priority of the rule in case there are several rules applied to a product, collection, or page. 1 is the highest priority.
2.2. Set "Rule Type" to "Passcode"
2.2.1 Rule setup
Under Rule Setup:
- In Passcode, enter the passcode. Only those who receive passcode(s) (via email, instant message, etc.) can access your content.
- Multiple passcodes are available. Please add one by one passcode and enter. Or, you can upload the passcode in the CSV file.
- In Passcode Message, tailor a message to inform visitors of the passcode request.
2.2.2 Apply to
Next, under Apply to.
You can lock pages from specific groups of users, based on their tags. This is an advanced feature in the Plus version.
- Choose Restrict all visitors: All non-logged-in visitors are prevented from seeing the content. Then, they must login or create an account.
- Choose Restrict logged in visitors: Only non-logged-in customers with the passcode can get through the page.
- Choose Allow customers by tag(s): Even for logged-in customers, you still want to grant access to specific groups of users, say, wholesalers only. Then, you can add a tag to those customers.
184.108.40.206. Restrict product(s)
Also, you can lock any products/collections/pages as wished.
As can be seen, there are 5 options available,
- None products: You can lock the collection pages and other pages, meanwhile products are visitable.
- All products: All products of the website will be locked.
- Restricts product(s) by tag(s): Enter the tags in the search. If there is no available tag to choose, please select the "Add" tag.
- Restrict specific product(s): Choose Select Product(s) to search and add any product(s) to be locked.
- Restrict products from collection(s): Choose Select Collection(s) to search and add any collections of which products are locked.
220.127.116.11. Restrict collection(s)
Apart from restricting product pages, you can also restrict the collection page(s) with three options available.
- None collections: You can lock the product pages in the collection(s), however, visitors can still see the collection listing pages.
- Restrict all collections: Or, you can lock all collection pages at once.
- Restrict specific collection(s): Also, choose Select Collection(s) to search and add any collections to be locked.
18.104.22.168. Restrict page(s)
Besides the product pages and collection pages, you can lock any other pages as well.
Simply put, you can select multiple built-in locked pages or enter the path URL like the example and add page.
Multiple pages are allowed.
2.3. Save the rule
Remember to save all settings.
In the storefront, a passcode page is shown with the message. Then, you can send the passcode to the customers via email.